Friday, May 14, 2010

I WISH I Did That!


It's been incredibly busy at the studio as we head into the peak of wedding season. As I work closely with couples planning their wedding, it occurred to me today that there hasn't been a time when I did not reminisce about my own wedding day during a consultation. For those who I've met with, this may explain the possible 3 second day-dream silence :).

Just the other day (not during a consultation of course), I was thinking back at how I wish I was more creative with our Guest Book and Wish Jar. With so much going on in planning a wedding, this detail tends to be one of the last things on a Bride's checklist.... including mine- way back when!

Just as luck may have it, out of about 1,000 pictures taken at our wedding, Joe and I did not have a single picture of our Guest Book and Wish Jar. They were placed at a view point at the entrance to our reception and must have been overlooked. Luckily, they were not missed by our guests as they were filled with tons of sweet, warm wishes. I tried to search for a jar and setting online that best reminded me of my wedding, and to no surprise, Martha Stewart had a near exact photo of our wish jar as shown above (minus the Susan & Jim part)... in fact, I think that may the exact jar we used!

Today, the two wedding wish jars grace our mantle and are filled with sea shells collected from the different places that we have traveled to. I placed the wish cards written by our guests in a small glass box on my night stand. It means the world to me to be able to read a wish at any time, and be reminded of the special day all over again. My husband thinks I'm nuts... Boys!


What I WISH I did...


About a year ago, I read about the sweetest way to have your guests write you a wedding wish. I couldn't remember where I first read about the idea, but again, Martha Stewart- inventor of all things wedding- had the same idea on her DIY website, and I WISH I did this for my wedding. The concept is amazing. You provide your guests with pre-addressed (to your house) stamped postcards. They write their wishes to the happy couple on the postcard, and a friend mails the postcards to you throughout your first year of being married. How amazing would that be to receive wishes in your mailbox when you get back from your honeymoon... or, first year anniversary?!

I love this idea and wanted to share it with all planning Brides-To-Be! For more unique Guest Books and Well Wishes ideas, visit Martha Stewart's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment