Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Traditions

At our house, Halloween time begins on October 1st! Micah pulls out the holiday box, the ghosts come out and the entire month is dedicated to pumpkins and goblins!

These yummy mummy dogs are the latest addition to our family Halloween tradition. They are incredibly easy to make and Micah loves finding these packed in his school lunch. They are also a big hit on trick-or-treat night when you need a fast bite to eat before heading out. I've found that adults like them as much, if not more, than the kids do! Definitely give them a try!


With my late grandpa being an author, books mean the world to my family. At least once a week, the library is on our agenda. It's great to see Micah roam the isles, browse the shelves and pick his bedtime books for the week.

"My Monster Mama Loves Me So" by Laura Leuck has definitely been one of our favorite books to read during Halloween time. In this adorable tale, a little monster tells the readers through rhyme, how much his mama loves him:

"When I wake up, she tweaks my nose,
tickles all my pointy toes,
combs the cobwebs from my bangs,
and makes sure that I brush my fangs."

As the story ends with the little monster falling fast asleep, so does my little monster. It's the greatest goodnight book to read during Halloween time!

Just a couple of our family's October traditions. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment