Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shaun White+Bakerella= One SWEET Night!



I must say, I've been a little obsessed with this year's Winter Olympics, mostly eager to watch Shaun White- amazing skater/snowboarder. Ok, maybe I'm somewhat biased because he too is a Southern California native, but there is much more to my adoration for Shaun White than his title. My little Micah first sat on a skateboard at the age of 2. Since then, one of our greatest activities is just riding around the front of the house or sitting on our boards talking. Since my husband had been working late all week, I thought it would be fun to allow Micah to fall asleep each night to the Winter games (after all, it only happens every 4 years!). So goes our nightly routine... PJs on, lights out, game on! Micah saw Tony Hawk and I saw his smile instantly. During an interview before Shaun's run, he was asked to describe his experience in the Winter games. His reply...."Freaky-Deaky". Long story short and sweet, Shaun pulled off the Double Mc, got Gold and proved to still be the best snowboarder in the world! Micah was able to see it all, but about five minutes after the victory run, he nods off and quietly says to me, "Nite, nite Freaky-Deaky". The sweetest words I could ever hear :). So how's a mom to respond? I replied,"Nite, nite my Little Freaky-Deaky". Little did Micah know, I will forever remember that night in my heart.

After Micah fell fast asleep, I watched a little more of the games and managed to get some work in. Work wasn't very productive, as I ended up spending more time on Bakerella's website than I should have. If you have never visited Bakerella, you're definitely missing out! Angie Dudley's creations are so unbelievable- each like little masterpieces! I literally have to wait for Micah to be asleep before surfing the site. He's asked me to make practically every goody posted! His favorite...

and how can you blame him for his choice?!?


From Oscar trophy cookies, to red velvet cupcake pops,
I hope you enjoy a little taste of Bakerella!


No comments:

Post a Comment